Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 7 --$219.50-- Random mtt thoughts

So I played some ring games and did a bunch of $5 sng's and one 6-handed sng. I won a few and lost the rest, I either win or I lose and it seems I almost never finish 3rd or 2nd. Anyway, it was very uninteresting poker last night and i won't bore you with the details. I really can't wait until I can move up stakes a bit because this is really dragging me down. I was going to wait until I hit $300 to move up to the $10 sngs and some of the mtt's, but I think I might move up here pretty soon.

I don't know what it is about mtt's, but I always seem to do very well in them. I don't FT a lot of the time, but it seems that I cash quite a bit when I have been trying to. I will jump into 3 or 4 of the $1 tourneys and make it an all-inament. Whatever, I don't care I only take the $3 rebuy and higher seriously anyways. I feel like I have a lot of potential in the higher buy-in mtt's but I am hopelessley lost at ring games. If i get pwned 2/5 times in micro limit, what would happen when I shoot up to 1/2 or higher?

I have done a few of the sunday millions and have lasted a long time. Never cashed yet, but the last one that I did, i should have. I was playing great and had AA and got it all in preflop with a chip leader. He also had AA, but he hit a 4 card flush and gg me.

While it seems that I am moving up pretty damn slow, well...I am. I am playing the part of the part-time, only a hobby-poker player and trying to stick within my br. I know I have made a few slips, but who doesn't? So I figure that I have more than doubled my initial stack of $100, so I am hoping for this week to get to $350 or higher.

$34 buy-ins
$54.50 winnings
-----------------
$20.50 profit

No comments: