Friday, June 22, 2007

Poker Challenge

Hey all, I suppose I should introduce myself and tell you a little bit about what this blog is for, so her goes. My name is Kurt, and I am a 28 yo pharmacist in denver that has a mild to moderate addiction to poker. I usually play 4 to 5 times a week, but I limit my play to a few hours unless I am in a big Multi-Table Tourney (mtt). I prefer low buy-in Sit n Go's (sng) and don't usually get mixed up in the cash games as I run terrible it seems at those.

I get a lot of people asking me why a pharmacist is playing with a bankroll of only a few hundred dollars, and I always have to chuckle. I view poker as a potential profession sometime in the future, but until I can consistently put up winning sessions, I will stick to the low buy-ins. The way I figure it, why should I move up a level when I am getting pwned at the ones I am at now? We always hear about people that tried to move up too early and wound up broke and on life-tilt, and I truly see proper bankroll management as the way the way to the promised land.

So after hearing of Chris Ferguson's $1 to $10000 deal, and reading about all of the people on FCP trying it out, I figured what the hell ,I will give it a shot. So, here is what I am going to try:

Turn $100 into $5000 in 6 months.

I see a lot of people trying these challenges and it seems to me that they are all doomed to fail without a large cash in a mtt or never have a losing session in ring games. I am going to try and do it in what I see as the correct way while staying within my bankroll. To do this I am going to start off at $5 sng's and work my way up. I will keep the blog updated as often as I can.

farmist

No comments: